Appointment Cancellation Policy
Important: In the U.S. it is commonplace to cancel appointments on short notice, as there are always patients in the local area that can fill an opening for an appointment on short notice. This is not the case when an appointment has been scheduled for you in Mexico. If a patient does not show up for an appointment, or cancels on short notice, the dental office will have blocked out hours of time that can’t be filled. The logistics team, dentists, drivers, and office staff have been involved in preparing for your visit in advance, and it is impossible to recoup the time and expense that was necessary to prepare for your treatment.
Any procedure that requires an oral surgeon, sedation, and/or a team of dental specialists such as for dental implants and All-on-4’s, are done by doctors who are specially trained. These procedures are very involved and require doctors to block out several hours, if not the entire day.
In addition, appointments for our clinics are in high demand. Our scheduling and cancellation policies have been developed to assure that valuable time slots are reserved for patients who intend to keep their appointment — apart from unforeseen circumstances — and that those needing treatment have availability to receive the care they need.
We take your time very seriously and we understand that certain circumstances can require a rescheduling of your appointment. We also appreciate your understanding, cooperation, and consideration for our dentists and other patients.
A deposit may be necessary to hold an appointment reservation for your treatment. The deposit is 25% of the treatment plan cost or a minimum of $250, as estimated at the time the appointment is scheduled. This guarantees that doctors, specialists, and assistants are scheduled, parts are available, transportation is arranged, and all the logistical support is ready to take care of you from the time you arrive until you return home. In addition, any parts required for your treatment must also be paid for in advance, as they are specific to your case.
You will receive an itemized invoice via email for your deposit and any prepaid expenses so you will know exactly what is required as prepayment. Your appointment may not be confirmed and reserved until the deposit is received.
Please make payment according to the provided instructions from the dental clinic within 72 hours to assure your treatment time is reserved.
What if the services provided are less than your deposit? The balance of funds paid in advance will be refunded after all the expenses related to your appointment, including doctors’ fees, dental parts/supplies, and any other collateral expenses have been accounted for.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Fees
If for some reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we will do our best to accommodate you with minimal fees. Please review the cancellation and rescheduling policy below:
- More than 15 calendar days before the date of your appointment:
- Cancellation: A cancellation fee of $100 will be deducted from your deposit, and the balance returned to you.
- Rescheduling: If we are notified of the need to reschedule at least 15 calendar days before the appointment, then no fees will apply. You will have 90 days from the deposit date to reschedule and receive your treatment.
- Less than 15 calendar days (but more than seven calendar days) prior to the day of your scheduled appointment:
- Cancellation: A cancellation fee of $150 will be deducted from your deposit, and the balance returned to you.
- Rescheduling: A $100 rescheduling fee will apply. You will have 90 days from the deposit date to reschedule to schedule and receive your treatment.
- Seven calendar days or less from the scheduled day of your treatment:
- Cancellation: Your deposit and any prepaid parts expenses are forfeited.
- Rescheduling: A rescheduling fee of $250 is retained, and the balance is applied to the necessary deposit to reschedule your treatment.
Travel Related Expenses
You are responsible for discretionary travel expenses, including your hotel, any travel insurance, meals, etc., none of which are covered by your deposit to Beyond Borders Dental, LLC and/or our dental clinics. Please see the hotel cancellation policy of your lodging provider.
If you do not show up at the indicated time for your scheduled appointment, you forfeit the entire amount of your deposit and any prepaid money.
We understand that there may be unavoidable circumstances that may prevent your ability to keep a scheduled appointment. If you have an emergency or special circumstances, please contact us to provide any documentation or information for consideration. Our goal is to resolve any situation in the way that is fair to all parties.
If you have special circumstances or have any questions please contact us.