It can be intimidating for many folks who haven’t traveled to foreign countries. But when you realize that you can’t afford much-needed dental work or prefer not to take a second mortgage on your home but know you can’t put off your oral health any longer, you are faced with making some tough decisions.
When you go to Mexico for dental work, the next step is deciding where to stay, how to get to the dental office, how to get to/from dental appointments, where to eat, and what to expect. As part of our referral services, we continuously monitor the local area on essential things that may directly impact our patients traveling to our dental offices in Mexico. After all, we not only want you to get the best dental care in Mexico, but we want you to ensure you also have a great experience!
It’s not easy to know each person’s travel needs and expectations. Add to that seasonal price fluctuation and the ever-changing COVID requirements, especially for international travel destinations. All this can seem overwhelming and scary, right? So even though the appeal of saving lots of money on dental care by going to Mexico is appealing, if you’re not well-informed and feel safe, you may not feel it’s worth taking the chance. We understand these challenges because we have all our dental work done at the same offices we refer patients to.
Another advantage of our dental referral services is that we’re a smaller group of experts in dental tourism and only work with dental offices we have vetted in popular locations. We provide personal attention to help our patients plan and prepare for their trip to Mexico. Our team includes experts in the dental industry who work in dental offices and maintain daily contact with the Patient Care Coordinators, the contact person in each dental office, and the doctors treating our patients. We work very well as a team and that translates into high-level patient care. We don’t stop there – we’re your ambassador throughout the process, even after you return home. You have our word.
Here are Some Essential Points to Consider:
- As of June 2023, we have five vetted dental offices in Mexico: Juárez, Los Algodones, Mexicali, Tijuana, Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Cozumel, Mexico. If you’re interested in going to any of these locations for dental work, please contact us.
- You’re responsible for the travel-related expenses and accommodations to the dental office in Mexico. Once you arrive, our team takes care of your local transportation to/from your dental appointments at no cost. If you need an airport shuttle service, we can arrange this for you for an additional fee.
- If you’re uncomfortable on international flights, we have vetted dental offices in Juárez, Los Algodones, Mexicali, or Tijuana, Mexico. These locations are known as “border-crossing” destinations; you can walk or drive across the U.S./Mexico border.
- The dental office in Juárez is located about 15 minutes across the border in El Paso, Texas. The dental office drivers provide complimentary transfers across the border from El Paso and return you to your hotel or pick-up point in El Paso after your appointment. Most patients stay at the Chase Suites of El Paso Residental Hotel.
- Our vetted dental office in Los Algodones (AKA Molar City), Mexico, is seven miles south of Yuma, Arizona. Patients can fly into Yuma or Phoenix and drive to the border, park their car in a parking lot on the U.S. side, and walk across the bridge to Mexico. A patient care coordinator from our dental office will meet you on the Mexico side and escort you to the dental office in Los Algodones.
- Foreigners often use a popular hotel in Los Algodones, California Comfort & Suites. They provide a complimentary shuttle from the border to the dental office.
- For those who live on the West Coast, Tijuana is the nearest location with easy access from San Diego, California. The dental office is near the border, and the recommended hotel is called Quartz Hotel & Spa. They offer special rates for our patients.
- For those who want to combine their dental care with a vacation, we have vetted offices in Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Cozumel; all popular vacation destinations in Mexico. Patients who travel to our dental destinations must make their own travel arrangements and accommodations. You can find great package deals if you book a flight/hotel combination from a major online travel shopping company site like Expedia, Priceline, or Cheapflights.
- There are also excellent Airbnbs in Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
Planning is the key to organizing a safe and enjoyable trip to Mexico for dental work. Let the Beyond Borders Dental team help you choose the best dental office for your personal needs and guide you through the logistics at your Mexico destination. We have referred thousands of patients to Mexico for dental work, so we know how to prepare, monitor, and follow up with our patients. In addition, our clearly defined protocols and processes ensure details are not overlooked.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our vetted dental offices in Mexico and take advantage of our safe, reliable travel assistance, call us at (505) 300-1490 or (505) 738-7770, or click this link to send us your inquiry, and we’ll get back to you.