Limited Time Offer: $25 Off Your First Concierge Trip With Us

Passports & Documentation

Crossing the border into Mexico does not require any documentation. However, U.S. citizens entering the United States by land are required to present a valid WHTI-compliant document, which includes:

  • U.S. Passports
  • U.S. Passport Cards
  • Enhanced Driver’s Licenses (a New Mexico drivers license is NOT enhanced. Currently only WA, VT, MI, MN, and NY are approved EDLs)
  • Trusted Traveler Cards (Global Entry*, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
  • Military Identification Cards (for members of the U.S. armed forces on official orders)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document (for U.S. citizens on official maritime business)

*The Global Entry (GE) card is only an ENTRY document and is not used to enter Mexico.

Children: U.S. citizen children ages 15 and under arriving by land from Mexico may present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate (issued by the Vital Records Department in the state where he or she was born), a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Naturalization Certificate. If the child is a newborn and the actual birth certificate has not arrived from the Vital Records Department, we will accept a Hospital issued a birth certificate.

If you need a passport, we suggest you visit this website to apply for one online or visit the Bernalillo Passport Office.

© 2016-2022, Beyond Borders Dental. All rights reserved.
Longmont, CO 80504 Santa Fe, NM 87507 Phone 1-505-738-7770 Hours Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm MT
Note: The information (content) we provide on is for the education of others. This content is not intended and should not be interpreted as dental advice.