Who We Are
Beyond Borders Dental, LLC, a New Mexico limited liability company (Beyond Borders), has been formed to provide education and information, booking, and transportation and lodging for dental services in Puerto Palomas, Mexico. While our purpose is to assist you in obtaining quality dental services at affordable prices, you must make your own decision about whether to use dentists in Mexico, and which services to contract for.
- As detailed on our website, we screen dental clinics in Palomas through site visits to the clinics in our program, examination of licenses and credentials, and we may discuss the procedures and materials used in the clinics with members of our dental advisory board. We also continuously review the experience and satisfaction of our clients as part of our referral services.
- Through our website or other communication, you will provide us with a dental treatment plan that outlines the services you require that are to be provided by the Palomas clinic. Other than minor dental work, if you don’t already know from your U.S. dentist what services you need, this will likely require a U.S. dentist to advise you on what services you require (a “dental treatment plan”). Prior to traveling to Palomas for your dental services, you should also consult with your dentist or doctor regarding any medical conditions that are contra-indicated for the dental services you are requesting.
- Our website will provide general price schedules for many services, but when you provide your personal dental treatment plan, we will obtain an estimated cost for those services from one of our approved Palomas clinics.
- We will then schedule your appointment at a convenient time for you and the clinic. You may then arrange for your travel, or if you participate in our dental concierge service, we will arrange transportation and lodging for you. For those in the concierge program, our van makes scheduled runs to and from Santa Fe and Albuquerque to Puerto Palomas, and we will assist you with the border crossing and arrange any necessary lodging with our lodging partners in the area.
- We will send you an invoice including a payment link to your email for our concierge services and lodging, if any, shortly following the time we schedule your services. If you cancel your scheduled appointment more than seven days prior to the appointment time, you will receive a full refund of your deposit. If you cancel the appointment less than seven days prior to the time of your appointment at the clinic in Palomas but more than 72 hours before your scheduled appointment, a cancellation fee of $75 is retained by us and the balance is returned to your credit card. However, if you cancel less than 72 hours before your scheduled service, you will not receive a refund of your deposit. But, if you or an immediate family member makes another appointment through us for services in Palomas within ninety days after your cancellation, we apply your deposit (less the $75 cancellation fee) to the new services. The amount of your deposit that is retained by us if you do not cancel services in a timely manner shall be deemed compensation to us for the services we provide and constitute liquidated damages.
- Payment for our concierge services and lodging must be made to us 72 hours before the time of your scheduled appointment. All payments will be required by credit card.
- If you choose our Concierge Program your transportation in our van from Santa Fe or Albuquerque to Puerto Palomas and the return is included in your cost, as is your lodging and breakfast at the hotel. You are responsible for any lunch or dinner. If you chose our Self-Service Program, you will arrange and pay for your travel to and from Mexico and your own lunch and dinner, however, lodging and breakfast at your hotel is included.
Certain Disclosures and Assumption of Risks
Beyond Borders is a concierge and referral service that facilitates contact between patients and dentists in Mexico. However, the decision to enlist the services of a dentist is your absolute and sole choice and you do so at your own risk.
While Beyond Borders makes site visits to the clinics in our program and pre-screens each lead dentist and their facility, we are not medical or dental professionals, our information comes from the dentists and facilities involved, and in some instances we may not have the ability to verify the information provided by the dentists. The information presented on our site or otherwise furnished to you is not intended to be construed as, or to be a substitute for, professional advice. We simply provide you with the information we obtain in an effort to help you make an informed decision, but we may not obtain all necessary information and it is your responsibility to discover, discuss with your U.S. dentist, and disclose to those providing dental services any medical conditions affecting you, including medicines and medical conditions that may be contraindicated for your dental services. Although we may refer to certain medical and/or dental procedures, perspectives, and products, we do not recommend or endorse them in any capacity. Reliance on any information we provide is at your own risk.
Again we encourage and advise you to discuss all dental issues and choices concerning dental services and treatments with your dentist before making any decisions about proceeding with services or treatments outside of the United States. There are differences between U.S. and Mexican dentistry regulations, standards, educational requirements, and insurance coverage.
You understand that there are risks involved in all dental procedures. You agree to assume all responsibility in connection with choosing to obtain services from a dental clinic in our program, or any other dentist, for your desired service or treatment. We assume no responsibility or liability for any treatment or other service provided by any dentist, or claims that may arise directly, or indirectly, from any such treatment or service.
Beyond Borders does not have any reason to believe the information contained within its site or otherwise furnished to you is incorrect, but all such information is provided “as is,” with no guarantee of completeness or accuracy.
In addition, links on this site may lead to services or sites not related in any way to Beyond Borders. No representation or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and Beyond Borders takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk.
Limitation on Liability
As is the case with dental work done in the U.S., it is sometimes necessary to make adjustments after the initial dental work is completed. If you are not satisfied with the work done by the dental clinic providing services to you, that clinic has informed us that it will make every effort to adjust your treatment at no additional charge; however, you will be responsible for the travel and lodging if necessary for a subsequent visit.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if Beyond Borders or any of its members, officers, managers, employees and other representatives (collectively, “affiliates”) becomes liable to you for any reason, you agree, on behalf of yourself, and your executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns, that the maximum liability to you and such persons of Beyond Borders and its affiliates for any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, or damages of any kind, including legal fees, whether in contract or tort or otherwise, is limited to ten (10) times the amount of the cost to you for the services for which you pay a deposit under this Agreement. You understand this limitation of liability includes a limitation of liability for (i) use of information obtained from or through the Beyond Borders site, (ii) arrangements made by you or Beyond Borders to obtain dental services, (iii) any dental or other services provided to you, directly or indirectly, through this site or the services of Beyond Borders, (iv) your travel to or from Palomas and your stay or conditions in Mexico including at the Palomas clinic.
Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New Mexico (and not its conflict of laws principles). The courts of New Mexico shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any such disputes and the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to all costs of resolving the dispute, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
This constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this agreement and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, discussions or agreements.
This Agreement may be signed electronically by you by clicking the “I ACCEPT” tab below. Upon doing so this Agreement shall be binding on you. The provision of services to you by Beyond Borders or the acceptance of your deposit by Beyond Borders shall make this Agreement binding on Beyond Borders.