Who We Are:
Beyond Borders Dental, LLC, a New Mexico limited liability company (Beyond Borders), has been formed to provide education and information, and savings packages that include scheduling, transportation and lodging, for dental services in Puerto Palomas, Mexico, or in some cases, other locations in Mexico. While our purpose is to assist you in obtaining quality dental services at affordable prices, you must make your own decision about whether to use dentists in Mexico, and which services to contract for.
- Through our website or other communication with us, you will provide us with a dental plan or other information that outlines the services you require that are to be provided by the Mexico clinic. Other than minor dental work, if you don’t already know from your U.S. dentist what services you need, you may require a U.S. dentist to advise you on what services you require. However, a Mexico dentist may alter that plan, and you will make the sole judgement as to what work you chose to receive.
- Then you will be scheduled for a Mexico clinic that is in our referral program. Our website will provide general price schedules for many services, but when you provide your personal dental plan, we will obtain the cost for those services from the Mexico clinic. In the event that you are receiving your examination and dental treatment plan from a clinic in Mexico, prices for the services determined to be necessary will be provided by the Mexico clinic.
- We will then schedule your appointment at a convenient time for you and the clinic, and if you participate in our dental concierge service, we will arrange transportation and lodging for you as part of your overall dental services program. Our van makes scheduled runs to and from Santa Fe and Albuquerque to Mexico for our clients only, and is not available for the public other than as part of our dental referral package. We will also arrange your transfer and transportation to the border for concierge clients, and arrange lodging for you, if required, from our lodging partners in the area. Your services could require more than one trip, and will be explained in our quote for services, or in emails or phone discussions with you.
We will receive payment in advance from you for our concierge service and your lodging costs, if you have requested these services from Beyond Borders, which will be detailed in an invoice sent to you. Payment must be received prior to your departure. Your dental treatment fees will be paid directly to the clinic in Mexico. If you cancel your concierge service less than seven days prior to the time of your appointment at the clinic in Mexico, a cancellation fee of $75 is retained by us. The balance is returned to your credit card, except if you cancel less than three days before appointment, you will not receive a refund of your deposit. But if you reschedule concierge services through us for dental services in Mexico within ninety days after your cancellation, we apply your deposit (less the $75 cancellation fee) to the new concierge services.
- The amount retained will be deemed compensation for the scheduling and other services we provide and constitute liquidated damages.
- If you choose our concierge service, you will pay for your own lunch and dinners; however, breakfast at your lodging is included if staying with our lodging partner. You will pay for your own lunch and dinners, however, breakfast at your lodging is included.
Certain Disclosures and Assumption of Risks:
Beyond Borders is a concierge and referral service that facilitates contact between patients and dentists in Mexico. However, the decision to enlist the services of a dentist is your absolute and sole choice and you do so at your own risk. While Beyond Borders pre-screens each lead dentist and their facility, we are not medical or dental professionals, our information comes from the dentists and facilities involved, and in some instances we may not have the ability to verify the information provided by the dentists. As detailed on our website, we do site visits to each clinic in our program, use our advisory board members to discuss procedures and materials when necessary, and continuously review the experience and satisfaction of our clients. However, the information presented on our site or otherwise furnished to you is not intended to be construed as, or to be a substitute for, professional advice. We simply provide you with information in an effort to help you to make an informed decision. Although we may refer to certain medical and/or dental procedures, perspectives, and products, we do not recommend or endorse them in any capacity. Reliance on any information we provide is at your own risk.
We encourage and advise you to discuss all dental issues and choices concerning dental services and treatments with your dentist before making any decisions about proceeding with services or treatments outside of the United States. There are differences between U.S. and Mexican dentistry regulations, standards, educational requirements, and insurance coverage.
You agree to assume all responsibility and risk in connection with choosing a dental clinic in our program, or any other dentist, for your desired service or treatment. We assume no responsibility or liability for any treatment or other service provided by any dentist, or claims that may arise directly, or indirectly, from any such treatment or service. Note that you are traveling outside of the U.S. and that certain areas in Mexico may involve travel warnings readily available and which you, in your sole discretion, should seek out and evaluate when traveling to Mexico for dental treatment. Beyond Borders assumes no responsibility for any injury or incident you may incur while traveling to, or visiting dental clinics or merchants in Mexico, and you strictly indemnify Beyond Borders for any such injury, or incident.
Beyond Borders does not have any reason to believe the information contained within its site or otherwise furnished to you is incorrect, but all such information is provided “as is,” with no guarantee of completeness or accuracy. In addition, links on this site may lead to services or sites not related in any way to Beyond Borders. No representation or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and Beyond Borders takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk.
Limitation on Liability:
As is the case with dental work done in the US, it is sometimes necessary to make adjustments after initial dental work is completed. If you are not satisfied with the work done by the dental clinic, the clinic will make every effort to adjust your treatment at no additional charge. You agree, on behalf of yourself, and your executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns, that the maximum liability to you of Beyond Borders and any of its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and other representatives for any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, or damages of any kind, including legal fees, whether in contract or tort or otherwise, arising out of or relating to any services of Beyond Borders, the dentists it refers, or the use of its website (including but not limited (i) use of information obtained from or through the Beyond Borders site, (ii) arrangements made by you or Beyond Borders to obtain dental services, and (iii) any dental or other services provided to you, directly or indirectly, through this site or the services of Beyond Borders shall be limited to ten (10) times the amount of the cost to you for the services for which you pay a deposit under this agreement.
Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New Mexico (and not its conflict of laws principles). The courts of New Mexico shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any such disputes and the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to all costs of resolving the dispute, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
This constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this agreement and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, discussions or agreements.